Monday, February 22, 2010

adobo ala ax

What better way to start my adobo warrior blog than to share my  recipe of adobo. Its a simple dish and a favorite request of my girlfriend... it could also last for a couple of days with out refrigeration, ideal staple  for a guy like me... and the best part about it is, its very easy to cook, just dump all the ingredients, wait for 45 mins and lo and behold, the National Dish Of the Pinoys..

all you need is.
1. half kilo of pork ( adobo cut) ask your local meat shop for those cube cuts of pork
2. 1 sachet of vinegar.
3. Soy sauce (according to taste, for me its about half the amount of vinegar)
     you could use salt instead for the white adobo version
4. Lots of garlic ( bout half the head of the imported ones)
5. 2 Laurel/bay leaves
6. Dash of sugar
7. 1 Pack black pepper (whole)

just put the ingredients in a pan, put the lid on and cook for about 45 mins... You could also try chicken instead of pork, or better yet do a combination of both  and you'll have the famous CPA.(Chicken And Pork Adobo).

And dont forget to cook lots of rice heheheh.... its even better if paired with cold rice

for an oriental touch you could also add a teaspoon on chili garlic sauce... yummmy.

all this blogging makes my hungry, maybe I'll create a new version of adobo... till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment